Monday, January 9, 2012

Can't Keep Up......

I have had to make a very difficult decision. Financially I am unable to keep up with Angel Wing requests. To date I have created and posted over 600 pairs of Angel Wings. As you can imagine, the materials and the postage add up quickly. It saddens me to realize that I am unable to continue to offer this incredible comfort to grieving parents as a gift.

I have been humbled by several generous donations in the past, however, they are minimal and I seem to exhaust the contributions on a wing by wing basis.

My thought is to continue to offer these special Angel Wings at a small cost.

As my loyal followers, I would love some feedback.

All my love,
Lea

7 comments:

Jessica S. Silva said...

I lost my baby girl on December 20 and requested a pair or wings for her on the 21st. I was wondering if you had received this request and if you did, would you be requiring payment for them? Thank you.

Christine Gullage-McGraw said...

I would not mind paying a small cost. Thank you for taking your time to make wings, they are beautiful.

Elaine said...

What if you just took the photo and didn't mail a copy to the family? Just emailed it and they could print at their own leisure.

Bree said...

Lea, I requested wings nearly a year ago for my friend when she lost her baby girl. Seeing her face when I gave them to her and knowing that she cherishes them and recieves comfort from them (they are in a shadowbox with other things that belonged to her daughter), I would definitely be willing to pay for wings if I ever had the need again (God forbid). I know all the mothers you have sent wings to feel the same way as my friend did when I gave her hers. They feel that someone is remembering their babies with them and honoring their little lives. My vote is that you keep making the wings and charge for them. I know I'm not the only one who would be willing to pay!

Lea said...

Jess ~ sent out today! xo

Carly said...

Lea, I think you have been SO generous with your time and money to provide this beautiful gift to baby loss families. I think it is completely reasonable to start charging a fee for this beautiful service. You've done so much and I don't think that people would mind paying.

Lea said...

Thank you all so much for your support and your suggestions.....

Elaine - it's not just the photo that I mail out, it's the actual set of wings :)

Bree - beautiful story - thank you for sharing

Post a Comment